Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Pandora in Blender 2.9


I know Blender 2.9 is not officially supported yet but did anyone got it to work?

It works fine in 2.83 but in 2.9 as soon as I click on submit, Blender crashes.


I was able to get a working build running in Blender 2.93. The major problems come from Blender 2.9 moving to Python 3.9. Pandora is built to run on Python 3.7. The main things that break on Blender 2.93 are some QT libraries bundled with Pandora. Specifically Pyside2 and shiboken2. Fortunately current versions of those two libraries support Python 3.9, and so mostly you really just need updates to those 2 libraries. I ended up just setting up and using pypy for the PySide2 distro. On a more minor note I had to update some Blender info headers to clear up some errors in the Blender console as well. It will take some development effort, but it is not too bad if you are familiar enough with Python. Hope this is helpful. Good Luck.

Hey Randy:

Thank you doing that.  I saw your fork on gitHub and downloaded it.  But I cannot seem to get it working.

I see you changed the import from "python37" to "python39.  I am not a coder and not sure how to handle it.  Do you mind sharing how you setup the Pandora directory to get it working?  I have python39 and QT installed in my system, but not sure if I should create a python39 directory and copy files into it?

I do appreciate it!




If you already have (python37) Pandora installed with the add-on in the Blender 2.9 directory, you can try just updating the QT libraries in place. This is probably the easiest way to get you running without much code. I would try the following:

  • Set up pip for pypy, might look something like:

python -m pip install -U pip

  • Install PySide2, might look something like:

pip install PySide2 --target=C:\Pandora\PythonLibs\Python37\PySide --no-user


Basically you start by installing Pandora, then update the QT libraries. You may still have some errors in Blender to sort out though it should work regardless. I added the no-user flag above to avoid a possible error you may have. Don't rename the Python37 library, you would have to also update all path references for that to work. The target path should be the path where Pandora lives on your system.

Hope this helps get you running. Good luck.


Randy, thank you for the help.  I have been crazy busy so just getting back to this.

I have tried the above suggestions, which seemed to install correctly.  It appears I have PySide2 and Shiboken2 installed in the Pandora directory. But I still get the empty Pandora menu and errors on the console:

I have tried both clean installations of 2.93 and 3.0.  Have clean installations of Pandora, and even tried Prism even though I won't use that.

I tried using your 2.93 diff to Pandora from GitHub, but couldn't get that to work.

Any thoughts you might have?


Thank you in advance.


Joshua Breckeen.





Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

I just uploaded Pandora v1.1.0.11, which supports all Blender versions including v2.83, v2.93 and v3.0.

All the PySide issues should be fixed now. Let me know if it's working fine for you.

Please update using the installer from the website and not by clicking the update button in the old Pandora versions.



First I want to thank you for the work to update Pandora for Blender 3.0.  I have been missing Pandora!

But, I have to report a bug.  I am running a Classic MacPro as my main workstation, but it only has Win 10 that is up to date (no OSX).  I do not use Prism, only Pandora.  I have small render farm with 6 nodes all running Win10 and NVidia GPU's.  I had this bug when I installed Pandora , and have already completely removed Pandora and Blender and reinstalled them both (including all files in AppData etc).  I have done the same on several other computers with the same issue.

Basically, every time I try to render a job, the slaves report "rendering didn't produce any output" even though they are rendering.  The slaves always show idle, even though they are not.  I made a simple test job just using just one slave (my workstation) with the same issues (see attached).

It appears as though the slaves are reporting no output to the coordinator, and thus it assigns the slave another task.  Soon there are many instances of Blender rendering at the same time (I see several image files being saved at once), until the GPU memory is completely full and the computer is locked up.  I have to manually kill each Blender instance in Task Manager (I had up to 10) to get it to stop rendering.  I tried to see if it would finish on its own, but it seems to hit a memory wall and stop producing images.

I have attached a screen shot and the logs.  Please let me know if you need any other information to help find the cause.

Again, thank you so much for writing Pandora.


Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Slave logs:


Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.