Join our discord community

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumPrism: Generalmp4 converter fps
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

mp4 converter fps

It seems the prism converter defaults to 24fps - Any way to get it to use the fps in the scene?

At the moment Prism uses always 24 fps. That value is hardcoded in the convertMedia function in C:\Prism\Scripts\PrismCore.py.

I think it would make sense when it would use the project fps, if they are set in the Prism Settings.

I could imagine that it would cause many unintended wrong conversions if it would default to the scene fps, because it's easy to forget to set the correct fps in new scenes.

A good compromise would be that it would default to the project fps and if the fps of the current scene are different, then a second convert option would be available:

convert ->

mp4 (project: 24 fps)
mp4 (scene: 30 fps)

That would be great! Would it be possible to throw in a quality setting as well? (like 'low' and higf')

I just realised I've been reviewing all the animation scenes in the film with 24fps - when the animation scene itself have been set to 25. My bad for not double checking of course.

Would it also be possible to output renders as mp4, just like you did with the playblast function? Would be a huge time saver

Yeah, convert quality and additional renderoutputtypes are already on the to-do list.

Then there should be an information about the fps connected to image sequences. In case the sequence gets converted in the Standalone Project Browser, Prism don't know at the moment what fps was set in the source scene.

Awesome! Fingers crossed it makes it in to an update soon