Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

maya rig update fails

To be honest: It's probably not a Prism-bug, but I cant' get the rig update to work and I don't have a clue what to check. I have 2 animation scenes, when I open them Prism tells me that there is a newer version of the rig and that I should use State Manager to update it. SM shows me the correct version number of the new rig, but when I push the orange 'import latest version' button, it doesn' work:

Scene A( trying to update from v005 to v017; but SM says that I am on vs007. That could be of a prior attempt to update the rig): Doesn't update the rig, but shows the 'Create Reference'-dialog. Hitting 'Create' will load an additional (the latest) version of the character.

Scene B( trying to update from v007 to v017): gives me an error:

---------------------------
Prism
09/03/22 19:29:51 ERROR - Prism_Maya_Functions

Core: v1.3.0.83
App plugin: Maya v1.3.0.0

File "C:/Prism\Scripts\PrismUtils\Decorators.py", line 57, in func_wrapper
return func(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Prism\Scripts\ProjectScripts\StateManagerNodes\default_ImportFile.py", line 431, in importLatest
self.importObject(update=True)
File "C:\Prism\Scripts\ProjectScripts\StateManagerNodes\default_ImportFile.py", line 372, in importObject
self, doImport=doImport, update=update, impFileName=impFileName
File "C:/Prism\Scripts\PrismUtils\Decorators.py", line 79, in func_wrapper
"".join(traceback.format_stack()),

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Prism\Plugins\Apps\Maya\Scripts\Prism_Maya_Functions.py", line 2207, in sm_import_importToApp
cmds.file(impFileName, loadReference=refNode)
RuntimeError: Node 'frontShape' is parented to an object being removed.
Node 'frontShape2' is parented to an object being removed.
Node 'frontShape1' is parented to an object being removed.
Node 'frontShape3' is parented to an object being removed.
This reference cannot be unloaded. Possibly items from another file are parented to items from this file.
This reference cannot be unloaded. Possibly items from another file are parented to items from this file.

Close Report with note

Regardless of the error and the unchanged rig, SM tells me that I'm now on the latest version. This should be considered as a bug, right?

Any ideas? Many thanks

Update: The Rigger told me, that this is most probably because of the latest changes of the rig so it has nothing with Prism. But this:

Regardless of the error and the unchanged rig, SM tells me that I'm now on the latest version. This should be considered as a bug, right?

should be fixed. Thank you