Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

maya render- no files being created

Page 1 of 2Next

Hi Richard!

Just started testing out Prism in preparation for using it in production.
I'm facing 2 issues when i perform a render task in maya, which im not sure if it's a bug or something that I'm doing wrong.

1. when i sent the maya job to render (locally) and after rendering, a pop-up window came out stating that no files were being created during rendering.
my issue is really similar to this post which was posted recently - https://prism-pipeline.com/forum/topic/task-image-render/
however my AOVs were all enabled.

2. The completed renders from maya gets saved in the folder "Lighting"/"version" , but the beauty renders does not get saved into the "beauty" folder thus Prism was unable to find the images. The additional passes that I've added all landed in the "Lighting" folder instead of "version" folder.

i've attached some screenshots of the image output folders that showcases this, hopefully this makes it clearer.

I'm using maya 2018.2
redshift 3.0.22
Prism v1.3.0.46
My prism project is using v1.3.0.34 though.
windows 10

Thanks in advance!

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Hey,

are you using any renderlayers? Does this also happen in a new, clean scene without AOVs?

Best,

Richard

oh hey!
I'm not using any extra renderlayers, i'm rendering from the masterlayer directly.

I tested with creating a new scene, importing the objs from the problematic file, without any AOVs and it works fine..!

Cheers,
Yating

Uploaded files:

Nice. And when you are enabling the AOVs in this scene it starts writing to the wrong folder? (just want to check if it's the AOVs or maybe something else in your original scene, what causes the problem).

hmmmm..... this is really odd. in this current scene it works fine after I  tried adding back the AOVs.

but i realised there's a difference between the files, the render paths looks different.  (attached the image below)

Uploaded files:

Did you set the current "File name prefix"? During rendering Prism replaces this value with the actual outputpath and it restores the original value after rendering. So it doesn't really matter what you type in there. As a test you can empty that field and check if it makes any difference.

Are there any other rendersettings different in your scene which could effect the outputpath?

Heyo! Nope I did not set the file name prefix. Couldn't think of any other render settings that might have caused this problem.

I've tried emptying the file prefix field but that didn't work out.  it just changed back to "../shot_A-010_Lighting_v0013_beauty"
I've tried loading the default render settings and that didn't work out. Optimizing scene didn't work as well.  i'm guessing there might be something in the file that's causing the problem since it got solved once I start over in a new fresh scene but im unsure of what is it exactly.
Anyways thank you so much for the help! I can zip up the files for you if you need them for troubleshooting?

Yes that would be helpful. You can upload the zipfile here or send it to contact@prism-pipeline.com

Here you go 🙂

Uploaded files:

here's the working maya file for comparison!

Uploaded files:
Page 1 of 2Next