Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Houdini Prism File Cache features & Bugs

Hi Richard,

There are few bugs I found in the Prism File Cache:

1. The default product name is 'FileCache1', eve if I update the node name it does not update automatically. I have to then Cntrl + Right Click on the parm to update it. Although I'm sure its caching with the right name in the backend, its really confusing when you see the wrong name. It also refuses to accept expressions like $OS, this is breaking my procedural network as I usually like to write expressions for the naming of different caches.
  2. The path only generates after I cache the first time. I would like to see the path as soon I put the down the node even if the cache doesnt exist yet. This is because I usually have it linked to my render farm ROPs and so caching version 1 generally has to be done locally before I can get a path for my farm nodes (since there is no path yet).
  3. This is more of a feature request than a bug but if there a way the File Cache can have a ROP linked in the /out. Generally I prefer to create a chain of nodes and execute it along with my renders, rather than cache each cache at a time. It helps for faster iterations and for other render farms.

Thanks again for the great pipeline and Prism 2 has been really well done. I hope we can incorporate these features.

Thanks,

Sharan