Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

alembic workflow - Maya to Houdini

PreviousPage 3 of 3

Doesn't seem to be too much on the topic online, but I found this:

alembicVisibility(abcPath, objectPath, sampleTime, check_ancestor=False) → (value, isConstant)

Gets the visibility of an object. Returns None or a tuple of an integer and a boolean:

• The first item is 0 for hidden, 1 for visible, or -1 for "use the parent object’s visibility".

• The second item is True if the visibility is constant over time.

If you pass check_ancestor=True, the function will check the visibility of ancestor objects to return a known value (0 or 1) instead of -1 as the first item.

I tried putting this in a primitive wrangle after the alembic sop, but it's not returning anything:
int @isVisible = alembicVisibility(`chs("../alembic1/fileName")`, "../alembic1", `chs("../alembic1/frame")`, check_ancestor=False);

Maybe it's not the function you where referring to?

EDIT: Missed your previous reply, thanks, really appreciate all the help! I posted on the sideFX forums as well. Fingers crossed I can find a way to get this to work 🙂

No that's not what I meant. Google for "intrinsic attributes", which is not necessarily related to alembic, but can be useful in many situations.

Here is an example what I meant:

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Oh Richard! 😀 THANK YOU! Works like a charm. It's now integrated in my 'Anim_asset' hda.

Actually, the 1.2 export in alembic if you want.

Tanguy

PreviousPage 3 of 3