Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

strange behaviour from state manager

Hi Richard

Been having this strange issue, when i right click on the state manger window to send a render, it makes a copy of the state rather than show me the options when you right click. I am trying to resend as previous version.  So I closed and reopened houdini and it seems to have also deleted the rop connected to that state. The only way i have gotten it to work is to open and close houdini a few times.

Thanks

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

I fixed that error for the next update v1.3.0.66, which will come out in the next few days. I'm not sure though if that error was connected to the duplication of the states and deleting the ROP.

I'll let you know when the update is online for you to test it.

Nice, thanks.

Hi Richard,

The duplicating states issues is gone now but everytime i open my files now I have the states missing. Some times it asks me if I want to reload the states from the file and that works. but most of the time its just blank and i have to set them up again. Wonder if its related.

Cheers

Does it happen with old scenes only or also when you create a state in a new scene? I didn't experience that problem, so it might be caused by something else.

With the old files its asking me if  I want to reload the states, for some of them it worked then i got this message, I have attached a screen shot.

With the newer files its mixed, some are there some ask me to reload some are blank. If Igo to the taskname drop down I can see the list of all the states. Dont know if that helps to narrow it down.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.