Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Prism ProjectBrowser alway on top on nuke

Hello,

so there is a little annoying issues with prism when launching nuke : sometime nuke will display a warning box that will stay behind the prism project Broswer, the prism UI will be unresponsive until the user press 'Ok' for the warning box, which he can't do because the prism UI is on top of it (and cannot be moved/closed)

unless you are lucky by pressing 'enter', your only choice is to ctrl+alt+del nuke and restart it.

I put it on top because on Mac and Linux the main nuke window would be in front of the Prism UIs, which was very annoying to me. On Windows that's not a problem, so I guess I can remove the "always on top" flag on windows in the next github commit.

Can we have this as an option in the preferences instead of being hard-coded? That way people can choose what works best for them.

I also find the 'always on top' state of the Prism windows to be more problematic than helpful in general, not just in Nuke.

Thanks!

Yes that would be the best solution.

Added as [0097]

I just wanna precise that the ticket was about nuke completely freezing because prism was sitting on top of a warning dialog that nuke pop sometime when opening certain scene with issues, since you can't minimze the prism browser to access the dialog button (cause the dialog have focus priority), you have to completele kill the nuke process.

I'm okay with prism being alway on top, just that it cause that specific issues.

In regards to Nuke, I think you can just press Escape when the Nuke window is in focus. Though you can't see the Nuke dialog due to the Prism window being on top, you will cancel the dialog this way. Works for me for Nuke NC at least.

Escape or enter worked for me too. However, you can update to the latest github version now and that would fix this for Nuke on Windows.

@gkocov I just added an option to disable the alwaysOnTop mode in v1.2.0.7. You can add "use_always_on_top = False" to the "globals" section of the Prism config (C:\Users\richa\Documents\Prism\Prism.ini). It's not exposed to the Prism gui at the moment, but I don't think that's a setting you want to change frequently.

Awesome! Thanks so much.