Join our discord community

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumPrism: Generalprism function inquiry
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

prism function inquiry

Hey,

how are you?

we are using a prism in our show, i have couple of questions,
1 - Do you know when a new prism will be available?
2 - regarding the export
currently when we export it saves in this dir
>>>> PRISMPath\03_Workflow\Shots\SQ-SHOT\Export\SAMPLE_ONE/v0001/centimeter/.abc
but if i want to add one more directory between Export and SAMPLE_ONE to differentiate the cloth data and animation how can do that?
for ex:
PRISMPath\03_Workflow\Shots\SQ-SHOT\Export\ANIM\SAMPLE_ONE/v0001/centimeter/.abcHey,

how are you?

we are using a prism in our show, i have couple of questions,
1 - Do you know when a new prism will be available?
2 - regarding the export
currently when we export it saves in this dir
>>>> PRISMPath\03_Workflow\Shots\SQ-SHOT\Export\SAMPLE_ONE/v0001/centimeter/.abc
but if i want to add one more directory between Export and SAMPLE_ONE to differentiate the cloth data and animation how can do that?
for ex:
PRISMPath\03_Workflow\Shots\SQ-SHOT\Export\ANIM\SAMPLE_ONE/v0001/centimeter/.abc
let me know if you need more clearance...

Hey @nikheel,

1. Are you looking for a specific update? Prism 2 is in development, but it will take a few more months before it will be released. Smaller updates for Prism 1 could come anytime if there are serious bugs to fix.
  2. That's not possible currently. You could use "Anim" as a prefix for your taskname. Your filepath would look like this then:
    PRISMPath\03_Workflow\Shots\SQ-SHOT\Export\Anim_SAMPLE_ONE/v0001/centimeter/.abc

Cheers