Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Prism for Houdini 19.5

Houdini 19.5 has released, and I added Prism to it from DCC apps setting.

There is Prism menu in menu bar, but I cannot open Project Browser.

Houdini 19.5 uses python 3.9, but in my Prism directory ( C:\Prism\Plugins\Apps\Houdini\Integration ),  there is no library for 3.9.

So I tried copying "python3.7libs" and rename it "python3.9libs", then Houdini and Prism work well.

Of course it may cause any problems somehow, so does anyone know how to install Prism for Houdini 19.5 in proper way?

Nice!, I actually think this hack may be OK for the time being, the proper way would be to port it, but if you read the PrismInit file it is very unlikely likely that anything would change unless at some point it breaks compatibility with PrismCore so.., yes it's hacky but it'll work. 🙂

If I'm wrong please correct me.

Since Prism is written purely in Python and the Prism scripts are meant to work in Python 2 and different versions of Python 3, it is totally fine to duplicate and rename the folder to python3.9libs.

I didn't notice any problems with this so far.

So good to see you around @richardf, hope everything is fine 🙂

Quote from RichardF on 10. August 2022, 17:44

Since Prism is written purely in Python and the Prism scripts are meant to work in Python 2 and different versions of Python 3, it is totally fine to duplicate and rename the folder to python3.9libs.

I didn't notice any problems with this so far.

This did the trick for me as well with Hou 19.5.493. Didn't noticed any glitches so far.

Thanks

Just saying a Thank you for the tip! I was very sad, that I can't use my biggest help with projects (PRISM) with the new version of Houdini, then I found this!

When I try to submit a ROP to cache out something I get an error message, that states the "Node is locked. Skipped the activation of this state." Does anyone has a solution for this?
Thank you!

When I try to submit to deadline from the state manager I get this error message (maybe this is a clue):

03/04/23 00:20:23 ERROR - Prism_Deadline_Functions

Core: v1.3.0.83
App plugin: Houdini v1.3.0.0

File "C:\Prism\Scripts\PrismUtils\Decorators.py", line 57, in func_wrapper
return func(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Prism\Scripts\ProjectScripts\StateManager.py", line 1674, in publish
exResult = curUi.executeState(parent=self)
File "C:\Prism\Plugins\Apps\Houdini\Scripts\StateManagerNodes\hou_Export.py", line 1456, in executeState
].sm_render_submitJob(self, outputName, parent)
File "C:\Prism\Plugins\RenderfarmManagers\Deadline\Scripts\Prism_Deadline_Functions.py", line 550, in sm_render_submitJob
self.core.appPlugin.sm_render_getDeadlineParams(origin, dlParams, homeDir)
File "C:\Prism\Plugins\Apps\Houdini\Scripts\Prism_Houdini_Functions.py", line 1377, in sm_render_getDeadlineParams
.deadlineCommand(["-version"])
File "C:\Prism\Scripts\PrismUtils\Decorators.py", line 79, in func_wrapper
"".join(traceback.format_stack()),

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Prism\Plugins\RenderfarmManagers\Deadline\Scripts\Prism_Deadline_Functions.py", line 81, in deadlineCommand
startupinfo.dwFlags |= subprocess._subprocess.STARTF_USESHOWWINDOW
AttributeError: module 'subprocess' has no attribute '_subprocess'