Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Pandora in Blender 2.9

Hi

I know Blender 2.9 is not officially supported yet but did anyone got it to work?

It works fine in 2.83 but in 2.9 as soon as I click on submit, Blender crashes.

Thanks!

I was able to get a working build running in Blender 2.93. The major problems come from Blender 2.9 moving to Python 3.9. Pandora is built to run on Python 3.7. The main things that break on Blender 2.93 are some QT libraries bundled with Pandora. Specifically Pyside2 and shiboken2. Fortunately current versions of those two libraries support Python 3.9, and so mostly you really just need updates to those 2 libraries. I ended up just setting up and using pypy for the PySide2 distro. On a more minor note I had to update some Blender info headers to clear up some errors in the Blender console as well. It will take some development effort, but it is not too bad if you are familiar enough with Python. Hope this is helpful. Good Luck.

Hey Randy:

Thank you doing that.  I saw your fork on gitHub and downloaded it.  But I cannot seem to get it working.

I see you changed the import from "python37" to "python39.  I am not a coder and not sure how to handle it.  Do you mind sharing how you setup the Pandora directory to get it working?  I have python39 and QT installed in my system, but not sure if I should create a python39 directory and copy files into it?

I do appreciate it!

J.

If you already have (python37) Pandora installed with the add-on in the Blender 2.9 directory, you can try just updating the QT libraries in place. This is probably the easiest way to get you running without much code. I would try the following:

• Set up pip for pypy, might look something like:

python -m pip install -U pip

• Install PySide2, might look something like:

pip install PySide2 --target=C:\Pandora\PythonLibs\Python37\PySide --no-user

Basically you start by installing Pandora, then update the QT libraries. You may still have some errors in Blender to sort out though it should work regardless. I added the no-user flag above to avoid a possible error you may have. Don't rename the Python37 library, you would have to also update all path references for that to work. The target path should be the path where Pandora lives on your system.

Hope this helps get you running. Good luck.