You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Pandora and Houdini Engine Conflict

Hi there,

It looks like Pandora is preventing the Houdini engine server (HARS.exe) from launching properly.

Here is the output in the console when launching and connecting to the Houdini Engine Server:

C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 17.0.352\bin>HARS -n hapi
Thrift: Wed Nov 21 21:29:42 2018 Client connected.
21/11/18 21:29:44 ERROR - Pandora_Plugin_Houdini v1.0.1.0:
File "C:/Users/FX/Documents/houdini17.0/python2.7libs/pythonrc.py", line 3, in <module>
import PrismInit
File "C:/Users/FX/Documents/houdini17.0/python2.7libs\PrismInit.py", line 9, in <module>
pcore = PrismCore.PrismCore(app="Houdini")
File "C:/Prism\Scripts\PrismCore.py", line 187, in __init__
self.updatePlugins(app)
File "C:/Prism\Scripts\PrismCore.py", line 203, in func_wrapper
return func(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:/Prism\Scripts\PrismCore.py", line 251, in updatePlugins
pPlug = getattr(__import__("Prism_%s_init" % (i)), "Prism_%s" % i)(self)
File "C:\Prism\Plugins\RenderfarmManagers\Pandora\Scripts\Prism_Pandora_init.py", line 36, in <module>
from Prism_Pandora_Functions import Prism_Pandora_Functions
File "C:\Prism\Plugins\RenderfarmManagers\Pandora\Scripts\Prism_Pandora_Functions.py", line 44, in <module>
import Pandora
File "C:/Users/FX/Documents/houdini17.0/python2.7libs\Pandora.py", line 8, in <module>
core = PandoraCore.PandoraCore(app="Houdini")
File "C:/Pandora\Scripts\PandoraCore.py", line 93, in __init__
self.updatePlugins(app)
File "C:/Pandora\Scripts\PandoraCore.py", line 115, in func_wrapper
File "C:/Pandora\Scripts\PandoraCore.py", line 168, in updatePlugins
result = self.startup()
File "C:/Pandora\Scripts\PandoraCore.py", line 115, in func_wrapper
File "C:/Pandora\Scripts\PandoraCore.py", line 288, in startup
result = self.appPlugin.startup(self)
File "C:\Pandora\Plugins\Apps\Houdini\Scripts\Pandora_Houdini_Functions.py", line 65, in func_wrapper
erStr = ("%s ERROR - Pandora_Plugin_Houdini %s:\n%s\n\n%s" % (time.strftime("%d/%m/%y %X"), args[0].plugin.version, ''.join(traceback.format_stack()), traceback.format_exc()))

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Pandora\Plugins\Apps\Houdini\Scripts\Pandora_Houdini_Functions.py", line 62, in func_wrapper
File "C:\Pandora\Plugins\Apps\Houdini\Scripts\Pandora_Houdini_Functions.py", line 73, in startup
if hou.ui.mainQtWindow() is None:
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ui'

I was wondering if anyone else experienced the same thing.

I have also tried to uninstall Pandora to hopefully temporarily fix this issue but it looks like im unable to uninstall it too (see attached image)

Uploaded files:
  • 2018-11-21-21_39_34-FX-PC-TeamViewer-Free-license-non-commercial-use-only.jpg

The same bug happened in Prism:

https://prism-pipeline.com/forum/topic/houdini-engine-broken-by-prismwith-solution/

I could apply the same fix for Pandora.

There is no installer yet, but you can download a .zip file with the latest Pandora version from GitHub, and replace the Plugin an the Scripts folder in your Pandora install directory with the directories from GitHub. That should fix the error with the Houdini engine and also with the uninstaller error (and many other bugs):

https://github.com/RichardFrangenberg/Pandora

If you want to wait for the installer, you can remove the Houdini integration in the DCC apps tab of the Pandora Settings to fix the problem with your Houdini engine. Alternatively you can delete this file in your Houdini preferences, with loads Pandora: %userprofile%\Documents\houdini17.0\python2.7libs\Pandora.py