Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Not installing.....

Hello,

first of all thx for your great looking tool.

When installing the installer seems to work fine. Extracting files etc.
but then it doesnt let me chose the programs like in your video. This is just not popping up.
The installer tells me the installation is finished and i can check the "Start Pandora" checkbox.

After that... nothing happens.....

I can find the installed files in %appdata%/local/temp .... trying to run the install. bat file from there..... also nothing happens.

i already deinstalled python and reinstalled python 2.7.5.

any idea ? It would be great to test your great looking tool.

Im on windows 10 x64 - UAC off - starting as administrator.

Neither Pandora nor prism is starting

Any idea ?

best, max

Is this about Prism or Pandora (then I will move this topic to the Pandora forum)?

Prism and Pandora come with their own Python, so you don't need to have Python installed. However, if you have it installed you can use it for debugging the problem. Open a command line window and try to execute this line:

C:/Python27/python %temp%/Pandora/Pandora/InstallPandora.py

This should return some details why the installer doesn't start.

Are you using a special windows version? like 32bit or a very old windows?

Hi Richard,

thx for your fast response:

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

C:\Users\XXXX>C:/Python27/python %temp%/Pandora/Pandora/InstallPandora.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Temp/Pandora/Pandora/InstallPandora.py", line 38, in <module>
import os, shutil, _winreg, win32com, sys, imp, subprocess, csv
ImportError: No module named win32com

Pandora and Prism is not installing properly ( i have to check the difference between those both tools )
as i mentioned the installer seems to bee working .... but then.. nothing happens...

best,

max

My bad, there's a python module needed that's not included in the default python installation. You can use the python that comes with Pandora:

%tmp%/Pandora/Pandora/PandoraFiles/Python27/python %tmp%/Pandora/Pandora/InstallPandora.py

Or you can install the win32 module by executing this in the windows powershell:

pip install pypiwin32

And then execute line from the previous post again in the command line window.

Hi Richard,

thx. that happens when i use the pandora provided python:

C:\Users\XXXX>%tmp%/Pandora/Pandora/PandoraFiles/Python27/python %tmp%/Pandora/Pandora/InstallPandora.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Seven\AppData\Local\Temp/Pandora/Pandora/InstallPandora.py", line 39, in <module>
from PySide.QtCore import *
ImportError: DLL load failed: Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.

i will give the powershell a try.....

best,
max

That's the error that prevented the install window to show up.

The error means this file cannot be loaded:

%tmp%\Pandora\Pandora\PandoraFiles\Python27\Lib\site-packages\PySide\QtCore.pyd

I guess for some reason it is not compatible with your system or an anti-virus software deleted it accidentally.

The easiest soltion would be that you execute this in the powershell:

pip install PySide

And then use this folder:

C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\PySide

to replace this folder:

%tmp%\Pandora\Pandora\PandoraFiles\Python27\Lib\site-packages\PySide

Hi Im having te same problem with the installation op prism in a computer with Win 7 SP1 64bits

runing the installer noting happens and runing the development version I get the error of the image attached

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

@gusdleon

The error you have is a different one. Your error is caused by the "ó" in your windows username. Prism doesn't work well with those unusual characters. In a few days I'll have the new Prism version ready, which allows you to chose a custom install location. Then you can install and use  Prism from a location where you username is not in the filepath.