Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

MAYA: copy export states from one scene to another?

So I spent some time setting up export states for all the animation to be exported as alembic, just to find out I was not on the latest version of the animation scene (that 'copy latest version to global'-feature would be sooo great!) - all the geo is identical in the new scene, so I was wondering if there is an easy way of copying the export states over?

Yes there is. Just right click on a state and select copy. In a different Maya scene you can open the State Manager, right click in the export list and select "Paste".

You can also use the "Options" menu at the top of the State Manager and select "Copy all states" and in the target scene use "Paste all states" from the same menu. Both ways copy the state settings to the system clipboard. So you could open a different scene in the same Maya session before you paste it or you can also open a second Maya instance where you can paste it. You could even paste it in a text editor and change some settings before you paste it to a State Manager in a different scene.

Wow, that 's awesome. You are a genius Richard! 😀