Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

How to make project browser read shots that is not created with prism

Hi,

We are currently working of a project where we have automated the scene set up (creating the maya scene, importing assets, adding mocap etc)

For some reason the shots will not show up in the project browser. Is there a file somewhere that we need to add some information? I had the impression that Prism relied solely on the folder structure. We are using the local folder, not sure if that complicates the setup?

Your impression is right, it's completely based on the folder structure. So if you create a new folder in your shots directory it should be visible in the shotlist when you refresh it. I just noticed that when the shot only exists in your local project folder, the shot might be not sorted correctly, but appears at the beginning or at the bottom of all the shots in that sequences. If your shotfolder contains no "-" it will be under "no sequence" in the shotlist. I guess your shot is somewhere in the list, but not where you expected it to be.

You can also check this file: \00_Pipeline\Configs\omits.ini if it exists, to be sure the shot isn't marked as omitted and therefore won't show up in the Project Browser.

That's strange, I don't understand why it's not working 🙁 Made a litle recording showing the setup, maybe you can catch the mistake? Sorry in advance for my slow sunday brain 😀

https://app.hyfy.io/v/abh7E4tIxzn/

The problem are the additional underscores in the category name.

When you create a category in Prism, it won't allow you to use underscores, but if you create the folders in a different way you have to watch out for this yourself. The categoryname is in the scenefilename and the Project Browser can only recognize files as shotscenefiles if there are exactly 5 underscores in the filename.

Thanks for the quick response. Still can't get it to work even without the underscores... Any ideas?

https://app.hyfy.io/v/ab3F1P2vxzn/

Sorry, not 5 but 7 underscores for shotscenes (Assets have 5). Have a look at a scenefilename which was created by Prism. You have an underscore between sequence and shot, but the pattern, which is recognized by Prism is this:

shot_<sequence>-<shot>_<step>_<category>_<version>_<comment>_<user>_.ext