Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Error submitting to Deadline

Hi Richard

Having Issues submitting to deadline for some reason it seems to be looking for Houdini 16 to render.

I am using 18.5.462 with the latest PrismVersion.

Error

=======================================================

Error: FailRenderException : Houdini 16_0 hython executable was not found in the semicolon separated list "C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 16.0.000\bin\Hython.exe;C:\Program Files (x86)\Side Effects Software\Houdini 16.0.000\bin\Hython.exe;/Applications/Houdini/Houdini16.0.000/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/16.0.000/Resources/bin/hython;/opt/hfs16.0/houdini/bin/hython". The path to the render executable can be configured from the Plugin Configuration in the Deadline Monitor.

at Deadline.Plugins.DeadlinePlugin.FailRender(String message) (Python.Runtime.PythonException)

File "C:\ProgramData\Thinkbox\Deadline10\workers\desktop-iuc6p5g\plugins\606b35b56eafec750c0044c7\Houdini.py", line 88, in RenderExecutable

self.FailRender( "Houdini " + version + " hython executable was not found in the semicolon separated list \"" + houdiniExeList + "\". The path to the render executable can be configured from the Plugin Configuration in the Deadline Monitor." )

at Python.Runtime.Dispatcher.Dispatch(ArrayList args)

at __FranticX_GenericDelegate0`1\[\[System_String\, System_Private_CoreLib\, Version=4_0_0_0\, Culture=neutral\, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e\]\]Dispatcher.Invoke()

at FranticX.Processes.ManagedProcess.RenderExecutable()

at Deadline.Plugins.DeadlinePlugin.RenderExecutable()

at FranticX.Processes.ManagedProcess.Execute(Boolean waitForExit)

at Deadline.Plugins.PluginWrapper.RenderTasks(Task task, String& outMessage, AbortLevel& abortLevel)

Type

RenderPluginException

I have been having the same issue 🙁 I uninstalled prism just to test and created a new project and saved file and now it renders on deadline. I have no idea why....would love to figure it out since I LOVE Prism.

Any suggestions to what it may be?

Can you check the Job properties in the Deadline monitor. In the Submission Params tab in the Plugin Info Parameters list there should be a Version value. Is it set to 18.5?

Do you have a Deadline version installed, which supports Houdini 18.5 (Deadline 10.1.13 or newer)?

Same for me. But I also get python error when publishing. Could it be related to Python 3 ?

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

@rendereverything

Yes, you're right, your error is caused by the Python 3 Houdini build.

Hello !

If Deadline is trying to render with Houdini 16.0 it means that it is trying to pick up the default, so something was wrong in the submission of the job.

I'm having the same error regarding Python3.

Have you tried to install a Houdini Build on Python2 and see if it fixes the issue?