Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Drag n' drop render imports the whole folder

I have a bunch of external renders imported to prism, one for each shot.
All these renders are .mp4 and lives in the same folders with the names A02D02_S010_V01.mo4, A02D02_S020_V01.mo4, A02D02_S030_V01.mo4 and so on.

When I now drag and drop from the render window to Nuke or Fusion (the tho DCCs I have tried) it imports all the files in that folder, even those with completley different names.

I have tried just draging, ctrl+drag, alt+drag and it gives the same result. shift+drag gives and error as seen in the attached image (might be something else).

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

This bug still happens.
Here is a video showing it of: https://imgur.com/cpjfTR9

If I drag to a text editor I'm getting the URL for the file itself but if I drag it into Fusion or Nuke, as said before, it imports all shots that seems to be in the sequence.

Draging the file itself does not import the sequence so idk what's really going on. Maybe the drag-and-drop function from prism sees them as a sequence? If so, maybe that should only happen on image sequences?

When dragging the preview into Nuke Prism will import all media under a current version. If there are multiple sequences then multiple read nodes will be created. One for each sequence. If there are multiple .mp4 files then they will be imported in individual read nodes too. That's the intended behavior at the moment.

It sounds like you're looking for an option to load only the currently visible media and not any other sequences/videos, right?

Yes, that's it. Maybe another hotkey-combo for that kind of behaviour?

The only way I know to drag&drop a sequence into Nuke is to drop a folder into Nuke. I haven't found a way yet to drag&drop a single sequence into Nuke if there are other sequences in the same folder. (This is just drag&drop from the windows file explorer, not related to Prism)

If anyone knows if there is a trick to do that then I can implement that into Prism.