Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

BUG - large Filename or path length = no display in scene file listing

If the folder structure, either downloaded from Kitsu (eg if you're using a TV show structure), or if you have multiple nested folders in Prism which generates multiple nested folders on your system, if the resulting path is too long, Prism will generate the file if created from the dummy file, but will not display it in the list.

Pete

error - I think its actually the way the Kitsu prism plugin works - it is generating a nested folder structure which is causing display faults when working with a TV show structure. Film structure seems to work ok. Converting the TV structure to film and then re-syncing does not fix the issue - you have to delete and recreate so that either prism realizes it's a fresh piece or Kitsu's internal DB is reporting properly.

Pete

ARGGH!!! It's underscores in the asset name..!!! If you have underscores in the asset name, the versions aren't displayed for some reason! If you use "-" then it's ok. That's 4 hours of my life I'm not getting back...

Possibly ignore everything I've just mentioned above...!

pete

Yeah that's a current limitation. If you create assets through Prism you cannot add underscores to the name. Any other plugin can create the folders with underscores, but they won't work with Prism.

Ah ok, didn't know that. Is it mentioned in the docs?? If not, it might be needed, unless its enforced in the prism UI that you can't enter them else I daresay others will have this issue, plus the kits plugin dev also needs to put a flag up to say this is something that should be avoided.. 😀

It's not mentioned in the docs, but it's enforced by the Prism UI. I'll add it to the docs, but you're right that the kitsu plugin should add a warning for that as well.