Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Blender Cycles reference problem with textures

When I publish an asset scene in Blender and import it as a reference into the final render scene no textures are rendered. All referenced objects appears pink like if input connections are missing. When I import references with the Blender "Link" option from the published scene everything works fine. I am working in Cycles.

Which Blender version are you using? I tried to reproduce this in 2.79b, but the textures are imported correctly in my test.

The pink color sounds like the texture could not be found. Can you check in the node editor in the final render scene if all the texture nodes exist and if the filepath on the "Image Texture" node is correct? Maybe it's using a relative path, which does only work in the source scene.

Ok so i have checked everythin again and it was an issue with relative pathes. Even though the "Realtive Path"-Option was disabled when loading the textures, Blender has converted them to relative pathes. After disabling "Use Relative Pathes" in the Preferences and converting them to Absolute manually everything works fine.

Good to hear that