Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Blender 2.80 errors

Hi,

I'm currently testing Prism for Blender 2.8 (on windows 8.1) but I have some errors when following the basic tutorial:

So I created a character file, modeled it, exported it using .blend, it's in the Objects section and I got:

"An unknown Prism error occurred."

Here are the logs:

11/03/19 19:38:54 ERROR - Prism_Plugin_Blender v1.2.0.0:
File "E:\Projets\BlenderWork\Trucs\versions\Prism\Scripts\ProjectScripts\StateManager.py", line 242, in func_wrapper
return func(*args, **kwargs)
File "E:\Projets\BlenderWork\Trucs\versions\Prism\Scripts\ProjectScripts\StateManager.py", line 1510, in publish
exResult = curUi.executeState(parent=self)
File "E:\Projets\BlenderWork\Trucs\versions\Prism\Scripts\ProjectScripts\StateManagerNodes\default_Export.py", line 62, in func_wrapper
File "E:\Projets\BlenderWork\Trucs\versions\Prism\Scripts\ProjectScripts\StateManagerNodes\default_Export.py", line 588, in executeState
outputName = self.core.appPlugin.sm_export_exportAppObjects(self, startFrame=startFrame, endFrame=endFrame, outputName=outputName)
File "E:\Projets\BlenderWork\Trucs\versions\Prism\Plugins\Apps\Blender\Scripts\Prism_Blender_Functions.py", line 96, in func_wrapper
erStr = ("%s ERROR - Prism_Plugin_Blender %s:\n%s\n\n%s" % (time.strftime("%d/%m/%y %X"), args[0].plugin.version, ''.join(traceback.format_stack()), traceback.format_exc()))

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "E:\Projets\BlenderWork\Trucs\versions\Prism\Plugins\Apps\Blender\Scripts\Prism_Blender_Functions.py", line 93, in func_wrapper
File "E:\Projets\BlenderWork\Trucs\versions\Prism\Plugins\Apps\Blender\Scripts\Prism_Blender_Functions.py", line 458, in sm_export_exportAppObjects
bpy.data.objects.remove(object_, True)
TypeError: BlendDataObjects.remove(): required parameter "do_unlink" to be a keyword argument!

But it works with "Export whole scene" checked. So let's say I'm going with this, I then create a rig (same thing than in the tutorial), export it (again with whole scene), I create a shot, and I import my rig in the new file using linking but then I got the same dialog with this log:

11/03/19 19:43:52 ERROR - Prism_Plugin_Blender v1.2.0.0:
File "E:\Projets\BlenderWork\Trucs\versions\Prism\Scripts\ProjectScripts\StateManager.py", line 554, in <lambda>
self.b_createImport.clicked.connect(lambda: self.createPressed("ImportFile"))
File "E:\Projets\BlenderWork\Trucs\versions\Prism\Scripts\ProjectScripts\StateManager.py", line 242, in func_wrapper
File "E:\Projets\BlenderWork\Trucs\versions\Prism\Scripts\ProjectScripts\StateManager.py", line 932, in createPressed
self.createState("ImportFile", parent=parent)
File "E:\Projets\BlenderWork\Trucs\versions\Prism\Scripts\ProjectScripts\StateManager.py", line 754, in createState
stateSetup = item.ui.setup(item, self.core, self, stateData=stateData)
File "E:\Projets\BlenderWork\Trucs\versions\Prism\Scripts\ProjectScripts\StateManagerNodes\default_ImportFile.py", line 62, in func_wrapper
File "E:\Projets\BlenderWork\Trucs\versions\Prism\Scripts\ProjectScripts\StateManagerNodes\default_ImportFile.py", line 112, in setup
result = self.importObject(taskName=self.importPath[0])
File "E:\Projets\BlenderWork\Trucs\versions\Prism\Scripts\ProjectScripts\StateManagerNodes\default_ImportFile.py", line 62, in func_wrapper
File "E:\Projets\BlenderWork\Trucs\versions\Prism\Scripts\ProjectScripts\StateManagerNodes\default_ImportFile.py", line 283, in importObject
result = self.core.appPlugin.sm_import_importToApp(self, doImport=doImport, update=update, impFileName=impFileName)
File "E:\Projets\BlenderWork\Trucs\versions\Prism\Plugins\Apps\Blender\Scripts\Prism_Blender_Functions.py", line 96, in func_wrapper
erStr = ("%s ERROR - Prism_Plugin_Blender %s:\n%s\n\n%s" % (time.strftime("%d/%m/%y %X"), args[0].plugin.version, ''.join(traceback.format_stack()), traceback.format_exc()))

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "E:\Projets\BlenderWork\Trucs\versions\Prism\Plugins\Apps\Blender\Scripts\Prism_Blender_Functions.py", line 93, in func_wrapper
File "E:\Projets\BlenderWork\Trucs\versions\Prism\Plugins\Apps\Blender\Scripts\Prism_Blender_Functions.py", line 975, in sm_import_importToApp
bpy.context.scene.objects.link(obj)
AttributeError: 'bpy_prop_collection' object has no attribute 'link'

Any idea on what going wrong there ?

Thanks in advance !

That's a problem in the current Prism version. The export/import functions for .blend files were not updated correctly for Blender 2.8.

I just uploaded a quick fix for that. Open the Prism Settings window and in the "Miscellaneous" tab use the "Update Prism" button to download that fix automatically from GitHub. After the update restart Blender and then the export/import of .blend files should work.

Thx but I cannot update: Could not connect to github: module "urllib" has no attribute "urlopen"

Try to open the Standalone Prism Settings from the windows start menu or the tray icon and not the Prism Settings in Blender.

Hello guys!

First i'd like to say a big thank you Richard for the development of prism, we are studying the implementation of it and trying some smalls tasks.

the reason why i'm posting here is because i'm having very similar problems, however, what i get is that when i'm in blender and i try to import a state(via state manager) i get nothing. it's like i can't sinc with Prism. (image uploaded)

However, if i open the standalone i can see the states just fine.

Do you know what could be happening?
Thank you!

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Hey Raf,

Prism makes a difference between workfiles (scenefiles in which an artist is working) and exported files (which can be imported in other scenes). The Project Browser in your second image shows Blender workfiles. The "Import Task" dialog in your first image lists only exported files and it looks like you haven't exported any files yet.

You have to open one of the workfiles from the Project Browser and in that file you can create an "Export" state in the State Manager and export some objects. If you go then to a different workfile and create an "Import" state, you will see the file, which you exported from your previous workfile.

Perfect! Makes sense!